A great left menu demo for a different approach.
Did you know that there are 1.6 billion people connected to a small business on Facebook and that Facebook’s 2 billion users spend a daily average of 35 minutes using Facebook every day? With user figures like these the question we put to our clients is a simple one: Can your business aford not to advertise on Facebook?
Facebook offers businesses a highly targetted, low cost way to reach existing and potential clients when checking posts from friends and family on their smartphones or computers. Facebook has the ability to define highly targeted audiences for your business, reducing your advertising spend and increasing your advertising returns. But how does it do this?
How does Facebook Target Potential Clients?
There are many metrics that Facebook uses to define an audience for your business. These include:
- Location: You can reach exisiting and potential clients at home, at work and even where they travel to.
- Demographics: You can define your audience using data such as age, income, sex, marital status, etc.
- Interests: You can choose to show your ads only to Facebook users who are interested in your product or service. Let’s say, for example, that you have a business making surf boards. Using Facebook you can show your ads to surfers by targetting users based on the interest “surfing”. These would be Facebook users who have liked surfing pages, commented on surfing posts, clicked on other surfing ads or who belong to surfing groups etc.
- Behaviour: You can display ads to Facebook users who have already visited your website. These can be exisiting clients or just people who visited you but didn’t complete a purchase. Let’s use the example of the surf board manufacturer and a visitor who thought about buying the latest addition to your surf board portfolio. You could remarket that visitor on Facebook with a targetted ad offering them a discount or other incentive in order to close the deal.
- Engagement: If someone likes, comments or follows you or one of your social media pages… or even if someone has recently liked one of your Facebook or Instagram posts; you can instruct Facebook to show them your ads.
- Partner Connections: This audience definition metric creates an audience for your business based on the online behavioural patterns that Facebook users demonstrate when they are not even using Facebook. For example, if you run a real estate agency, you can target users who have recently applied for a mortgage.
Reach Out to Existing Clients & Let Facebook Find New Clients Like Them
By importing your clients securely in to Facebook you can create brand loyalty for your business & reach new clients who are interested in your product or service. Here’s how:
- Import Your Client Lists: By exporting existing customer contact information from your CRM or email marketing software and importing it in to Facebook, you can reach out to your clients with Facebook Ads whenever you wish.
- Reach Others Who Match your Client Demographic: By analysing the profiles of your clients, Facebook can discover the things that they have in common. With this data, Facebook can deliver your ads to an audience of people who are similar to (or “look like”) them. Imagine how effective this can be in growing your business!
If you are interested in “Getting Social” with your advertising, speak to us today about our Facebook Marketing packs & reach out to new & existing clients like never before